Christmass BlissGetting organised in time for Christmas
Ho Ho Ho – It’s now less than 4 weeks until the big man himself comes down our chimneys! Excitement levels are rising and the shops are full of festive music and delights. Whilst Christmas is fun, it’s also a stressful time of year. Most of us won’t relax until the shop doors are locked on Christmas eve and we can finally poor ourselves that well-deserved glass of Baileys.
But fear not! To ensure you glide through the festive season effortlessly, the team at Christmass Bliss has created a weekly checklist for you to follow so that you won’t miss a thing. Make notes along the way to perfect the process for another year.
- If you haven’t already received wish lists from friends and family, now’s the time to give them pens, paper and get them writing. Don’t forget to post a letter to Santa!
- Check your Christmas lights – a very important job – check they work and buy replacement bulbs if you need to. It’s always a good idea to keep some spares. Decide if you need new lights this year.
- Coordinate your diaries – our social diaries can get really busy this time of year, so make a note of all the important dates in your calendar. Remember to invite any relatives who may want to come too!
- Book your online food delivery – the delivery slots open up about three weeks in advance, so be quick!
- Order your turkey (making sure it will fit in your oven!)
- Put up your decorations
- Purchase your cards and stamps
- Get your wrapping essentials ready – sticky tape, scissors, paper, stamps, etc.
- Top tip! For that awkward moment when someone gives you a gift and you have nothing to give them in return, buy a couple of extra bottles of wine and some spare chocolates to give as presents.
- Start wrapping presents as soon as you’ve purchased them or when they’ve arrived (if you’ve ordered online)
- If you have a real tree – don’t forget to water it! (Experience talking!)
- Start writing your cards – rather than do this in one sitting, break them down into groups (such as friends, family, neighbours) and do a little at a time.
- Consider making your own wreath and table decorations – collect pine cones and holly to create some of your own. For inspiration watch Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas.
- Is your spare room ready? If you have guests coming – wash the bedding, dust the surfaces and vacuum the floor.
- Don’t forget last post. The post office publishes these here.
- Ensure you’ve stocked up on all your cupboard essentials. There’s nothing worse than opening up a present and realising you haven’t got any batteries. Remember to buy matches, bin bags, turkey foil, lightbulbs, pain killers etc.
- Clear out the freezer ready for all those festive delights.
- Who’s coming for dinner? How many are you feeding and do they have any dietary requirements. Make sure you’ve got a big enough table and enough chairs to cater for the extra guests.
- Buy crackers!
With just a few days left before Christmas it’s time to start tying up those loose ends, ready for you to sit back, pop on a Christmas movie with a festive drink of your choice.
- Go through the TV guide. Set reminders and recording for your favourite programmes and films.
- If you didn’t do your food shopping online, then get up nice and early and head out to the supermarket. Most of the large ones are open 24 hours. Remember only buy what you need. Thy are only shut for two days!
- Time to check those last minute details. Is everything wrapped and posted? Is the house nice and clean?
- Prepare the vegetables in advance. They’ll keep in the fridge bagged up until the big day.
- Chill the drinks and make some ice. Remember to put the white wine and any mixers in the fridge and make sure you have enough ice
- Prepare the table. Clean the glasses and lay the table ready for dinner.
- Make sure your plates and oven trays are all clean and ready.
- Charge up your devices. You can’t capture that magic moment if your device is flat!
- Test your smoke alarms (just in case).
- Make sure your car has enough fuel. If you are driving, check your fuel levels. Not all stations are open on Christmas day, so check you have enough.
Create your own Christmas process
Just like you, our team is busy preparing for Christmas. Head over to our social accounts to see how we’re getting on.
Alternatively, to make sure everything runs smoothly this festive season, why not get started with Process Bliss.